Well its that time of a year again.. you know, when all the new gear gets shipped to Maui and we get to sail around on it and have our pics taken.
It always makes me laugh as i spend all year sailing Port tack and then for the Photoshoot i fly to Maui and crash for a week relearning Starboard tack. While trying to come up with some cool pics. haha.. Would be so nice one year to go to a Port tack place… then i could bust out some proper stunts!
Still it’s always fun to spend a week looking like a kook and getting back into it…
But this year i thought i’d go crazy and come a week earlier… then i could spend a week looking like a kook and hopefully look a bit better in the pics when we start shooting!
So far i’m a week in and still crashing like a kook haha.. so the plan hasn’t exactly worked!! Luckily i have a few more days before we start…
It’s been a pretty eventful trip so far.. here’s a quick run down of the action… Highs and lows
- $1000 excess baggage.. gutted! No getting round it.. i even tried crying but the guy didn’t fall for it.. he was a proper twat!
- Stole a car.. Ooooopps.. got in late at night and went to the airport parking where the car was meant to be. Tried to ring the number to find out the reg but couldn’t get through. So found the one that looked like what i’d ordered and had the door open with the keys under the seat. Problem was i took the wrong one and it got reported stolen!!! hahaha.. oooooopps!
- Bought crap suntan cream… Burnt my snout!
- Did a rocky style gym session with the boys at camp one (you need to see pics to understand what i’m on about.. just think outside home gym… bricks, tyres, ropes etc) Anyway i’m broken today.. cant walk! cheers boys
- Crowded Hoooooookipa.. can’t stand it when its like that.. need to be more aggressive!!
- My Starboard tack backloops.. hahaha.. always low!
- First class upgrade, and 2 flights with Exit seats.. sort of helped with the excess charges!!
- It’s been windy/wavy everyday. 4.5 stacked..
- I’ve not been on the rocks!
- Bought some ear plugs.. best purchase of the week.
- Finding this great soap.. haha
- Had a sweet session with 4 people out at the end of the day.. much more fun that the zoo at midday!!
- Had a free Physio session.. it was with a hippy so doesn’t really count. But seems to have worked! haha
Forecast is still looking good so fingers crossed it carries on until we start shooting.
Pics courtesy of a Jet Lagged Simon Crowther… I told him it was a bad idea to swim out but he wouldn’t listen!! Still got a few shots.. pretty impressive as he was only out for about 2 mins!